An Open Floor Inquiry: Intimacy with Self and Connection in Community
Facilitated by Jenny Macke
Fri Sept 8th – Sun Sept 10th (Fri 7-10pm, Sat 12-7pm, Sun 2-6pm)
$195 before August 20th, $235 thereafter.
Summit Presbyterian Church 6757 Greene St. Philadelphia, PA 19119.
As humans we are social and relational beings. We hunger for connection to others and simultaneously long to feel our individuality and uniqueness. If we perceive these dual (and sometimes dualing) needs are not met, feelings of dissatisfaction and loneliness can arise.
It can be liberating to inhabit a space of pure curiosity to investigate the conditions that might call forth our authentic selves, as well as to experience community as a verb, a web of action and interaction.
As we learn to be fluid, adaptable and empowered beings, we find our natural place and space in community. We see clearly how it is possible for everyone to belong with dignity, kindness and love.
In this workshop we will:
– bring awareness to patterns that foster both our individuality and sense of belonging.
– seek ways of moving and showing up that are generous to both ourselves and others.
– let go of habits that might create walls or barriers to connection.
– practice presence and cultivate the present moment as a great equalizer in community.
– learn to build tolerance for the unknown and find ground in groundlessness.
Please contact Rebekah to register for this workshop at email@example.com or 215-498-1780.