THE ART OF BECOMING
with Jo Hardy
European MOVEMENT MEDICINE Faculty Member teaching live from England.
A 6-week small closed group journey open to 26 participants.
SUNDAYS Nov 1-Dec 6
8am -10am Pacific
4pm-6pm UK and Ireland
“We co-create with the universe, the more creative our participation the more creative the universe and The Great Mystery becomes. To live in the universe of creative becoming, what honor and what responsibility.” – Chris Cleave
How can we deepen our ability to be in a co-creative relationship with The Great Mystery, to listen more attentively to the whisper of our heart dreams, and to follow no matter what we encounter on the road?
Conscious, creative becoming means sailing at the edge of not-knowing rather than contracting back into our fears and insecurities. It means developing an open, curious buoyancy that supports us to go where our heart has a yes, where we follow what we love and we embody our deepest values.
Through Movement Medicine practice we will deepen our relationship to this process of the art of becoming, open our minds to receive new inspiration and reclaim our self as a co-creator with life. We will dance and dance, see and be seen, tenderly reveal the whispers of our hearts and explore heart enquiry questions such as: –
~How do we face into the unknown whilst relaxing into our self ‘as we are’?
~Where do fear, doubt or control kick in?
~What qualities and capacities support conscious, creative becoming?
~What unique gifts and potentials are blossoming within?
~What is our unique contribution to the co-creative flow of life?
Week 1 – Starting OutEncountering the ground of Unbroken Presence.
Learning to rest in Being – no place to go nothing to do. .
Compassion and unconditional friendliness as crucial qualities.
Embracing an Attitude of – Gratitude, acceptance, yin, receiving our being as we are.
The concept and art of the dancer .
The importance of Personal practice
Week 2 – Self-AssessmentEmbracing an Attitude of – intention, yang, becoming, evolution, co-creativity
The art of personal inquiry – the power of awareness and interoception .
Self-assessment / personal inventory – what are our natural qualities, skills, listening to and naming the longings of my heart.
Personal Integrity as an ongoing challenge as we live in a world that often can seem so out of integrity.
What are my core values?
Understanding the power of appreciation of self and other.
Week 3 – Seeing through Our Story of Self limitationGetting to know our ‘wound’ story and associated self limiting core beliefs.
How our self limiting core beliefs ‘shape’ the world we ‘see’ leading to a tendency to polarize and compromising our ability to see the other as ‘another myself’.
Understanding the nature of our human nervous system and how we often habitually act from survival mode / self-protection.
Learning self-regulation of our nervous system.
How we shift ‘being in survival mode’ by learning to awaken the dancer and witness within to support the evolution of a state of resource, relaxation, generative co-creativity and inclusion.
Week 4 – Including our Despair / Grief and anger as Creative CompostHow to meet, name, inquire into, welcome and include our very real emotions
Discover our emotions as a source of creative energy.
Seeing through some of the shadows of our times – self judgement, a constant sense of lack, loneliness and separation.
We ‘become’ within the context of the circles of life.
Learning to see the other as ‘self’ and understanding the role of our nervous system in the essential practice of co-regulation with others for our happiness and wholeness.
Week 5 – A new vantage pointHow to vision our fuller future self in such changing and challenging times
What unique gifts and potentials are blossoming within me?
The art of becoming more of who we are in service to the evolution of human culture and ‘right’ relationship with all beings.
The art of staying buoyant, curious, awake and co-creative rather than collapsed / in despair when things are changing so rapidly and often seemingly for the worse
How to rest in not knowing when our survival self seeks certainty – understanding The nature of Bardo and the natural transformational cycles of death and rebirth .
Week 6 – Going Forth supported by lifeThe humility and wisdom of gathering support where needed – the time of the lone wolf is over!
How many of us tend to be chronically unsupported and the limitations and consequence of this
What are my resources? Where would i do well to gather support?
Practice not contracting back into self-limitation when faced with challenges as we take brave steps
What do I value, want to serve and protect in service of life?
Personal Intentions, learnings and creative responses to the opportunities and challenges we face at this time.
MM Practices Jo Hardy will be teaching:
~Awakening the dancer
– Loving embodiment
~Tree of life
– Centering and grounding
~How to develop deep acceptance, self-love and self-kindness
~ Setting up a personal practice
~The art of the dancer
– Deepening self-awareness and interoception.
~The dance of Yin and Yang
~Witnessing and learning to give appreciative feedback
~Understanding basics of stepping in and out of parts of our process
~The art of the dancer
– Developing curiosity
~Pendulation (from Somatic Experiencing) – self regulation
~4 elements as resource
~The Dancer as a warrior who can make creative dances of all things including our emotions
~Heart dialogue – relational co-regulation
~Timeline visioning of Future search + shadow digestion of some of our emotions and contractions
~The dancer – finding ever more ground sourced in the unbroken
~Integration of our learning and practice
~What is my unique contribution to the co-creative flow of life? My unique gift to the world of tomorrow?
Jo is offering this course at a sliding scale of $160-$240 USD TOTAL for all 6 weeks . If you feel called to this offering, but cannot afford the lower end of the sliding scale, please contact us with your circumstances confidentially. We will be holding space for four scholarships for those in need. (Please contact email@example.com to let us know your confidential circumstances and what you can afford at this time).
ABOUT JO HARDY
“I delight in movement as a spiritual practice, discovering again and again how it returns me to myself and the simple ground of being. I have also been blessed to be a student of Suprapto Suryodarmo (Prapto, Amerta Movement) and Giles Petit (voice) for many years. Meditation has been a central part of my life for 35 years in Buddhist and Sufi traditions”.
“My work is informed by 5 Rhythms, Movement Medicine, Open Floor, Joanna Macy, Suprapto Suryodarmo’s Amerta Movement, my background in mindfulness and body based psychotherapy and meditation, the Transition Movement, and contemporary Integral teachers, and currently Thomas Hubl.
• We will need you to commit to attend all 6 sessions to the best of your ability so that we can depend on a safe and stable container — and others in your small group can depend on your presence. We are all important in this practice– each of us is an important element of this constellation.
• The Art of Becoming is accredited and applicable to School of Movement Medicine hours (12) if you decide to pursue this practice more deeply in the future.
• Registration is open to 26 dancers.First come first served. Please register early if you are called to join us!
• If you have a question please contact Carrie at firstname.lastname@example.org
We invite you to please consider this to create an optimum experience:
• Familiarize yourself with Zoom, download the app, and take care of the technical aspects before the course, so we can begin on the first day without spending time on tech troubleshooting.
• Create a safe space for dancing– whether on a floor or carpet– make sure the space is clear and free of hazards.
• Create a sacred space. Candles, sage, lights, whatever feels sacred for you.
• Create some private space so that people who are sharing cannot be heard by unfamiliar people so we can be authentic and express ourselves safely.
• Source a good set of bluetooth headphones or a speaker — the better the sound quality the more you will be able to enjoy David’s wonderful music mixes and guidance.
THE LEGAL STUFF
We will need you to agree to the following to participate in Dance Your Prayers.
Participation is fully at the risk and choice of participants. It is each person’s responsibility to look after their physical, emotional and mental well being. Listen to your own body. If something hurts, pay attention and take care of yourself. All participants are asked to move at their own pace and to take care of themselves on all levels. Jo Hardy, Carrie Branovan, and all people connected to Movement Medicine can take no responsibility for injury you sustain as a result of participating in these outdoor classes.
• I understand that Movement Medicine is an activity that involves physical movement.
• I am fit and well and able to move.
• If my physical condition is restricted in any way, I can and will monitor my own level of movement and activity so that I remain within what is appropriate for my body.
• I understand that Movement Medicine may bring emotions to the surface.
• I am willing and able to take full responsibility for my own physical, emotional, mental and spiritual wellbeing during the class and after it.
• I will listen to my body and my being and respect my own limits during the online activity and afterward.
• I take full responsibility for my own physical, emotional, mental and spiritual health during the class and afterward.
• The Organizer agrees to only use my name and email address for Dance Your Prayers and Movement Medicine events and updates.
Thank you for reading through all of this!!
We look forward to traveling with you on this journey!
JO HARDY and the Movement Medicine Online Team