ARC OF TIME 2020 Journey of the Heart MOVEMENT MEDICINE w DAVID MOONEY 6 Weeks TUESDAYS Online
November 11 @ 10:00 am - December 16 @ 12:00 pm CST| $160 – $240
JOURNEY OF THE HEART Arc of Time 2020~
With DAVID MOONEY
MOVEMENT MEDICINE European Faculty Member
Live from Ireland: a 6-week small closed online group open to 26 participants.
WEDNESDAYS November 11-December 16
4pm-6pm UK and Ireland
What a year 2020 has been! This journey will provide space to breathe, dance, pause and be together to reflect at the close of this very unique year. Let’s take a collective breath!
With the support of a small committed circle and the resourcing tools and practices of Movement Medicine, we will be acknowledging the challenges and the journey you have been on and honoring how you have met.
Dance with the Movement Medicine Heart Medicine Circle and guided practices to allow space for what is and has been, befriending your emotions and washing through the Chambers of the Heart.
IS THIS JOURNEY CALLING YOU?
~Would you appreciate resources to express and let go of emotions such as fear, frustration you may be carrying from these times?
~What has been lost during these times? Hopes, dreams, visions, connections with others/community? Honoring and giving space to the grief.
~Acknowledging how you have met this time and creating intentional time to orientate towards connection, hope and gratitude.
DURING OUR 6 WEEKS TOGETHER
~Dance with the Movement Medicine Heart Medicine – Chambers of the Heart guided practice to befriend your emotions as allies rather than burdens through the medicine of movement and the maps of the Movement Medicine.
~Dance with the Movement Medicine Alchemy of Healing guided practice to release and let go anything that you may be holding from the year that is no longer needed.
~Explore the Movement Medicine Body-Heart-Mind Incantations guided exercise grounded in neuroscience, that you can use in your daily life for anchoring in the medicine of what resources you.
~Discover your own unique practical, achievable, repeatable, clear small steps to create real change.
WEEK 1. Awaken the sovereignty of the Spirit of the Dancer within. Connect to the unbroken nature of life and activate the Inner Shaman to bring alive the inner sacred in your day to day life.
WEEK 2: ARC OF TIME journey. What a year! Timeline mapping to honor and acknowledge the year that has been for you and a personal and collective level.
WEEK 3: Dance with the Movement Medicine YIN Heart Medicine -Chambers of the Heart practice to befriend your emotions as allies rather than burdens through the medicine of Movement and the maps of the Movement medicine Chambers of the Heart.
WEEK 4: Dance with the Movement Medicine YIN/YANG Heart Medicine.
WEEK 5: CEREMONY Dance and pray with Ancestors. Learn to bring this relationship alive in your day to day as a resource in your life. Discover Ancestral Allies and Teachers. Ceremony | Dancing to deepen our relationship with the Sacred in your life. Prayers for the Love of life.
WEEK 6: *INTEGRATION: We set our intentions to alchemize what we have learned and experienced to cultivate creative responses to the opportunities and challenges we face at this time.*You will have time to create your own medicine wheel map withrepresentations of your personal relationship with the Arc of Time.
CARE PACKAGE INCLUDED
You will receive access to an online platform exclusive to your course with a care package of materials and resources to support you during and after this course including:
~ Weekly Zoom live with David in Ireland: 2-hour circles with practice, sharing and teachings
~ Daily Monday through Friday 20-40 minute morning practices held by a Movement Medicine Apprentice (25 practice sessions during the course)
~You will receive access to an online platform exclusive to this course to support you during and after this course including
30-minute guided recording ‘Awaken the Dancer – Connecting with the Sacred within’ dance practice by David Mooney specifically for this course.
30-minute guided recorded ‘Arc of time Dance with the Ancestors’ Movement Medicine practice by David Mooney
40 – minute guided recorded ‘ Heart Medicine – Chambers of the Heart ’ Movement Medicine practice by David Mooney
60 minute hour guided recorded ‘Awakening the Dancer’ and ‘Alchemy of Healing’ Movement Medicine practice by David Mooney
Weekly videos post class sharing and teaching about Movement Medicine
The intention of this journey is to reconnect you to the wisdom of living from the heart and will deepen your connection to yourself, your creativity and integrity as well as enliven your relationship with life on all levels. Movement Medicine has roots in indigenous shamanic wisdom as well as contemporary therapeutic pathways such as Gestalt and latest developments in Neuroscience. Together, we will create a supportive community to journey together. There will be support groups, inter-module exercises and guided recorded practices so you can integrate these practices into your life and have the freedom and empowerment of self-leadership.
David is offering this course at a sliding scale of $160- $240 for all 6 weeks.
If you feel called to this offering, but cannot afford the lower end of the sliding scale, please contact us with your circumstances confidentially. We will be holding space for limited scholarships for those in need. (Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know your confidential circumstances and what you can afford at this time).
ABOUT DAVID MOONEY
David Mooney is on the European Faculty of the School of Movement Medicine. He has been teaching for 8 years and has been dancing various forms of conscious dance practices for the past 12 years.David is also a fully qualified and practicing psychotherapist, professional mentor and supervisor, and has a passion for shamanic and therapeutic pathways.
• We will need you to commit to attend all 6 sessions to the best of your ability so that we can depend on a safe and stable container — and others in your small group can depend on your presence. We are all important in this practice– each of us is an important element of this constellation.
• JOURNEY OF THE HEART- Arc of Time 2020- is accredited and applicable to School of Movement Medicine hours (12) if you decide to pursue this practice more deeply in the future.
• Registration is open to 26 dancers.First come first served. Please register early if you are called to join us!
• If you have a question please contact Carrie at email@example.com
We invite you to please consider this to create an optimum experience:
• Familiarize yourself with Zoom, download the app, and take care of the technical aspects before the course, so we can begin on the first day without spending time on tech troubleshooting.
• Create a safe space for dancing– whether on a floor or carpet– make sure the space is clear and free of hazards.
• Create a sacred space.
• Create some private space so that people who are sharing cannot be heard by unfamiliar people so we can be authentic and express ourselves safely.
• Source a good set of bluetooth headphones or a speaker — the better the sound quality the more you will be able to enjoy David’s wonderful music mixes and guidance.
THE LEGAL STUFF/DISCLAIMERS.
We will need you to agree to the following to participate in this Movement Medicine Journey!
Participation is fully at the risk and choice of participants. It is each person’s responsibility to look after their physical, emotional and mental well being. Listen to your own body. If something hurts, pay attention and take care of yourself. All participants are asked to move at their own pace and to take care of themselves on all levels. David Mooney, Carrie Branovan, and all people connected to Movement Medicine can take no responsibility for injury you sustain as a result of participating in these online clases.
• I understand that Movement Medicine is an activity that involves physical movement.
• I am fit and well and able to move.
• If my physical condition is restricted in any way, I can and will monitor my own level of movement and activity so that I remain within what is appropriate for my body.
• I understand that Movement Medicine may bring emotions to the surface.
• I am willing and able to take full responsibility for my own physical, emotional, mental and spiritual wellbeing during the class and after it.
• I will listen to my body and my being and respect my own limits during the online activity and afterward.
• I take full responsibility for my own physical, emotional, mental and spiritual health during the class and afterward.
• The Organizer agrees to only use my name and email address for Dance Your Prayers and Movement Medicine events and updates.
LOOKING FORWARD TO DANCING WITH YOU on this journey, to review and acknowledge a year of massive change.
David and the Online Movement Medicine Team!