5Rhythms®: Online Waves Series with Lucia Horan
September 12 @ 8:00 am - October 25 @ 5:00 pm EDT
5Rhythms®: Online Waves Series
In this workshop series, we will integrate the moving meditations of the 5Rhythms® with stillness of mindfulness meditation. In the practice of the 5Rhythms, we engage in mindfulness while in motion. In seated practice, we have the opportunity to observe the mind and body at rest through silent introspection. The two polarities of moving and sitting meditation mirror the dance of life and assist in cultivating peace, well being and balance. This is an opportunity to join us for an individual session or as a integrated series. This Waves series will cultivate the space for an advanced dive into 5Rhythms Homeland, the final piece of this series. Homeland is an exploration into our essential rhythm, where our deepest power resides awaiting our embrace.
5Rhythms®: Flowing, Form & Freedom
In times of great change, many of us search for a sense of freedom. It is crucial to have a practice that assists us in navigating the inner and outer terrain of life. The 5Rhythms offers us just this; a map to understand the process of energy in motion. We will dance our questions and listens to the body’s answers. How can we create fluidity? How does fluidity awaken freedom? If we can find freedom in the body, then it is possible to find it in the heart and mind.In the heart of Flowing we connect to the yin nature within. Here, we search to open our intuitive selves. We bring life to the feet, unlocking the door to our weight and power. The dance floor becomes the mirror, reflecting where we are and where we wish to be. Through using the power of our Flow, we can foster connection to own inner wisdom and authenticity.
5Rhythms®: Staccato, Strength & Vulnerability
In Gabrielle Roth’s own words, “We are the strongest, when we are the most vulnerable.” Join us as we dance into the power of our individual Staccato nature. It is this powerful space that allows us to touch into the strength of our inner vulnerability.
At certain points in time, life requires us to connect to an inner sense of clarity and direction. It is this force that delivers our message and gifts to the world. This dance is an investigation into the sacred questions that inform our agility to move through life. How well can you execute your dreams and follow through with your commitments? Are you able to draw boundaries not only with force but with love?Staccato ignites the fire of passion and truth. We will dance into the yang energy of the body to reinforce the connection to our inner passion, drive and direction. Staccato represents both the strength and vulnerabilty of the heart and hips. It is here that we excavate the stories of the past into the creativity of the present. From this place, we cultivate clarity, intention, and action.
5Rhythms®: Chaos, Serenity & SurrenderLife requires us to face the chaos of these times. We do not have a choice as to when and how chaos arrives. Its nature is unpredictable and life altering . How do you navigate chaos in your own life? Are you able to let go, when the truth of the moment breaks things apart?
By learning how to surrender in the dance of chaos one can open to the possibility serenity.
We will dance with the union of the yin and yang forces within. We invite you join us as we dance into the magic and spirit of this divine energy. In familiarizing yourself with this realm, you will become more agile in navigating this space as it arises, passes away and ultimately serves us. Letting go is a sacred task. It asks us to first recognize what we are gripping most tightly and then dance its opposite. Releasing the power of the mind into the body brings the medicine of awareness to one’s whole being.
5Rhythms®: Lyrical & Stillness, Transition & Transformation
The rhythm of Lyrical invites us to be mindful of the transitions that lead to transformation. It is here that we track the impermanence of life as we grow and change. The state of being in Lyrical is a result of dancing chaos. Resting in the aftermath of the chaos, we align with the truth of life transitions? We are here for a short time.
Life demands of us to be present with all that is. The rhythm of Stillness invites us into the mindfulness of integration and emptiness. As a result, we rest in what has been transformed. Through this healing map, we may cultivate an intimate relationship to the divine mystery of all things. Stillness is the space where all rhythms dissolve into one.
We will move through the Lyrical and Stillness states of being. We will ask questions and let the body reveal the answers. How are you with the nature of change? Are you able to let go in acceptance of all you are shifting into? Are you able to allow for the space you need to integrate these changes?
This is an invitation to explore the spirit of these states and be empowered by their essence. Join us as we dive into the depths of what life asks us to be with.
Gabrielle Roth’s map of The 5Rhythms offers us a guide to how energy moves. This is an invitation to join us in an exploration of our essential self that rests in the deepest recesses of the soul, beneath all conditioning. By identifying our essential rhythm, we can tap into our greatest strength and power. It is in this place that we touch into our true nature. Once found, we can begin to apply this power to our relationship to self, partners and tribal circles. The application of this power also reinforces our professional work so that we can find the fulfillment and meaning in all that we do.
No experience necessary. All workshop hours contribute to 5Rhythms Teachers Training Prerequisites.
By registering for this workshop, you will have access to the recording on August 29th and the live events for September 12th and 26th and October 10th and 24th as well as the recordings. Your all-access pass is valid for the entirety of the series until two weeks after the final live event. We are offering it this way so you can view or review it at your convenience, regardless of time zone. We ask that you share this link with NO one else as we are not releasing this content to the public. This will be held in a circle of trust and we appreciate your cooperation in honoring it.
All classes are being offered now by donation.
Generosity is more than a personal practice, it is a universal concept that every one of has benefitted from. Everybody alive today is alive because of the generosity of somebody else. Your donation is not payment for goods or services; it is given purely from the heart.
Please donate on a sliding scale between $325-625 depending on your comfort level. All of the scholarships for this series have been allocated. If you have not danced with Lucia before or have special circumstances, we invite you to send a one-paragraph email to email@example.com explaining your situation and we will be in contact with you.
Instructions for the optimal online experience:
- We will send you a Zoom link to the workshops two days before each one begins. Please download Zoom prior to the start of the workshop.
- When you link into our Zoom class, you will be in a “waiting room” until our host admits you. The waiting room screen indicates that you are in the right place.
- These workshop start at 9:00 am PT (Pacific Time) on Saturday. We will begin admitting people five minutes prior to the session. Please arrive promptly. It is important that you attend the full session. If you are more than twenty minutes late, we would prefer you to use the recorded session after.
- Your microphone will be set to mute. Please do not unmute yourself as it creates a major disturbance for all participants.
Creating a safe container:
- We ask that you not share the zoom link with anyone who has not registered for this workshop as we want to build a safe and aligned container.
- You may turn off your camera at any point if you would prefer not to be seen.
- If anyone engages in inappropriate behavior during the class, they will be removed by the Host.
- If you would like to pin another participant, we request you ask for their consent in the Chat via private message, respecting others boundaries and forms of consent.
- We ask that you do not post in the chat box during the session until the end when you can leave feedback. If you are having technological issues or have any questions, please send a message directly to the host or co-host and they will answer to the best of their ability.
- We ask you to not record the session, and not post any screenshots where other participants are viewable. I will be recording our session in a speaker view, so no one will be included in this recording besides Lucia.
- We kindly remind you that this content is for registered participants only. Please do not share in any way.
- Make sure your computer or device is plugged in or charged.
- For optimal sound quality, hardwire into a speaker is best. This can be done through an auxiliary channel. Though it is possible, we do not recommend using bluetooth or anything wireless for the best sound and video quality.
- Wear comfortable clothing.
- Please set your space in a way that feels good to you.
- Please have your water close by.
- Please silence all devices and home phones.
- Please have a meditation cushion or chair and a blanket for sitting meditation.
If you have any further questions about this series, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch with you. If you do not receive the link two days before each workshop begins, please email Chelsea at email@example.com and she will send it to you!